Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - A few of my favourite things

As it's nearly the end of 2013 I thought I would have a little look back at my favourite things of this year....

My favourite scrapbook page
This was inspired by a tutorial video from Creative Jumpstart 2013. I am very excited that Creative Jumpstart 2014 will be starting tomorrow. I love the comic book look of this page

A Breakfast fit for a superhero
 My favourite new craft
I have had fun starting to discover felting this year (and I only managed to stab myself in the finger twice! ). Father Christmas even bought me a lovely new needle felting brush mat, so I won't have to felt into a sponge and peel it off afterwards anymore. I think Father Christmas may have had advice from my Mum.

A celebration postcard
My favourite photo
I took this photo while we were on holiday in Paris and I managed to get all three kids looking at the camera and smiling - hurray! How did we achieve this? My other half was standing behind me and licking my head to make them laugh!


Can you see a resemblance...


My favourite song
My favourite song this year is "Little talks" by "Of Monsters and Men". I love all the different instruments used in this and I think it is definitely a "jangly" song ( This word has been used to describe other music I like).



My favourite kids craft
This was the most fun. Paper plates + paint+ salad spinner = spin paintings!

Spin painting

My favourite book
A perfect blend of modern policing with a large dose of fantasy.

Rivers of London

 My favourite quilt
A pirate quilt for a pirate themed nursery, with my own pattern for the paper pieced boats.

A pirate quilt

 My favourite film
Star Trek:Into Darkness - A fantastic sci-fi film with the added bonus of Mr Benedict Cumberbatch!



And a New Year's Resolution to finish the year... I will try to finish all the online craft workshops I am halfway through!

1 comment:

  1. I think I had better share your New Year Resolution Emy!!!

    ReplyDelete