Monday 4 November 2013

Cocoa Daisy Crop - A recipe challenge


Last weekend was the Cocoa Daisy online crop. The deadline for the challenges is this Friday and so There is the whole week to play along. You don't have to have a Cocoa Daisy to play along, but I thought it would be a great idea to play along to start using my lovely kits I've already received. I took the kits with me to my local crop on Saturday and found the challenges very inspiring.

This is my first page and it's for Challenge #2 by Mandy Koeppen. Mandy gave us a recipe to work with, which was:
- a splash of colour
- a pinch of sequins
- frills, fluff or feathers
- a spoonful of stamping
- a couple of slices of frames
- vellum or transparency
- wrap it up with twine
- cardstock, title, journalling and layers
- up to two freebies if you like

Here's some twine around a frame.


I combined vellum and a frill by pleating a little and tucking it onto the page. It's tricky including frills and sequins on a boy page, but I'm happy how it turned out.


Here's my splash of colour. It's Neocolour crayons over gesso.


And a spoonful of stamping too.


I think I've followed the recipe and I really like the finished page.

1 comment:

  1. This looked like a fun challenge. I've never used a recipe before but I love how your layout turned out, with all the little details.

    ReplyDelete