Monday 1 July 2013

A quilt commission


Last November a friend of mine asked if I could make a wall quilt for his parents' ruby wedding anniversary. I was a little hesitant to agree as most people don't understand how expensive quilts can be or how much time they can take to make. We had a chat about it and agreed a sensible price which I was happy with - then he told me his Mum had already sent fabric samples and the dimensions she would like!

I finished the quilt this weekend - hurray! Just in time for meeting up with my friend who had commissioned it for a picnic on Saturday. The finished quilt measures 40" x 50" and the block comes from the book " 40 bright and bold paper pieced blocks" by Carol Doak. This pattern is called Carol's block. I chose this block as I have done it before and so I knew it would work well and it doesn't have a lot of pieces to each block - although this quilt still has 640 pieces of fabric in it.


I am pleased to say that the quilt was very well received. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will have been more than well received. One day my joints will be that smooth :-)... one day!

    ReplyDelete