Monday 3 June 2013

Heidi Swapp Color Magic Backgrounds


I saw this layout recently by Yasmin Tolche and I love the background she has created using some Color Magic resist paper from Heidi Swapp. I had a packet of these papers and so I had a go with my mists.

These were the colours I started with...


I started with the lightest first ...


Followed by the other colours...


Finally I turned it over onto the newspaper underneath to remove the excess ink and here's how it turned out.


This is my finished layout using some Sassafras Lass elements , Basic Grey patterned paper and some torn book paper.
                                                   

I also found some Dr Seuss stickers in my stash and the book in the picture is by Dr Seuss. We love Dr Seuss!


Another mist background to come tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colours Emy, the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, I'm so happy I've inspired you!! :D I love your layout :) Looks awesom,colors just popping of the page. The paper is really cool to work with! :) You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous....and I need to get some of that paper too now :D Love what that background and a bit of Dr Seuss too :D

    ReplyDelete