Monday 24 June 2013

Back to basics - designing and drawing

I have signed up to an online class called "Reign Repeats" with Majo Bautista V which is all about designing repeat patterns (for textiles?) using Adobe Illustrator on the Skillshare website. I decided to sign up as my IT skills are extremely lacking and I need to get back to basics with my drawing and designing too. It's a really fun class with some super students sharing their work. So here's my project so far...

We had a project brief of "Picnics" and so I started with a brainstorm...


Then I explored the wonderful world of Pinterest and came up with these mood boards, putting the images together on Picmonkey.


(Loving the bright colours, the tupperware and the cute faces in the Bento boxes)


Then I got out my watercolours and started doodling...



This is still the very early stages of a project and my other half has some big work stuff going on at the moment so I won't be able to get to the computer to do the Illustrator side of things for a little while. In the meantime I can just keep doodling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment