Wednesday 19 September 2012

Use it up - Simply Stated rub ons


As I gradually get things back in order after the chaotic summer, I have a new timetable to adjust to as The Boy is now at nursery three mornings instead of two. I decided I wanted my Wednesday mornings to be my play day. I have online workshops waiting to be completed as well as ideas rumbling around in my head. This is my first play day and this is my favourite layout I've made for a long time.

I recently found I had loads of half finished packet of Simply Stated rub-ons by Making Memories. They are an old product which I remember being given at a workshop and being so excited by them - it was quite a while ago...I noticed a copyright 2003 label on the packet! I decided I had to use them up and I managed to finish two packets on this layout. I was quite impressed that the rub-ons still (mostly) worked after all this time.


I've used watercolours, distress ink with a stencil and some acrylic paint on bubble wrap in the background, along with a Maya Road doily strip stamp. I made a wire frame and stapled it on, inspired by the article on craft wire in August's Scrap365.



4 comments:

  1. I love the whole messiness of this page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - I still have some of those to use up - glad yours are still working . Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read the text of your post I thought that the layout was mounted onto patterned paper. It certainly doesn't look like old rub ons. I might have to hijack this idea. I have loads of rub ons laying around that, like yours, need using up. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete