Wednesday 25 April 2012

A cardboard box theatre


Continuing the love for cardboard boxes in our house, I decided we needed a project for the Easter holidays. We made a cardboard box puppet theatre. We started out by cutting up a box so that it looked like this...


Then we papier-mached it with newspaper and diluted PVA glue. I don't think this was necessary, but it will make it last longer. However it has also warped the stage area, so you'll notice it looks a bit wobbly at the back now. 
We painted it next...


I sewed some curtains (I found a perfect piece of red shiny fabric in my fabric box) and we threaded them onto some dowel. The girls drew a woodland scene which we blu-tacked to the back wall for our scenery.


The Three Little Pigs is a favourite story in our house (the Boy is obsessed with the Big Bad Wolf), so that was our play of choice. I downloaded some images to make the puppets (from here) and the girls coloured them in and cut them out. We stuck them on long strips of cardboard.


We made some flat scenery too...


I added a cereal box onto the back to store all the puppets and scenery...


Then it was showtime! We put on a family show on Easter Sunday and the kids made tickets for everyone who was going to be watching. 













4 comments:

  1. That is so cute you and the kids did a fantastic job. I'm a bit sorry I missed the show I bet it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic! It looks simple to construct and fun to do! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cardboard box inserts are a great way to add extra protection to your products during shipping. They also help you keep your products organized and looking their best when they arrive at your customers’ doorsteps. For more information visit here: How To Manufactured Cardboard box Inserts?

    ReplyDelete