Saturday 31 March 2012

Art Journalling with Donna Downey


On Monday I hopped on the train up to Birmingham to spend the day getting messy in a workshop with Donna Downey, run by Creative Moments. I was really looking forward to it as I love Donna's pages which she posts for "Collage Monday" and "Inspiration Wednesdays " over on her blog.

It was a fun day and I learnt lots of new things. The workshop was product led, which meant that Donna encouraged us to play with specific materials (gesso, paint, gel medium, moulding paste, gelatos, stamps etc.) to get us to explore what we could do with them. I love this type of workshop.

Donna also gave us some interesting art challenges. This was the result of the first one, along with the abstract picture that inspired it.


This was a finished page, where the background was another challenge. I'm not sure about the writing on here though and I may go back to it with some gesso to cover it up. This is something I've learnt from reading Donna's blog and Julie Fei-fan Balzer's blog... If you're not happy with it, then change it!


Here are some more pages from the day...




3 comments:

  1. Great pages! I think I recognise that dancing girl as from an old Mandy annual I used to have in the 1970s haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Tracey! Well spotted. I bought the annual on Ebay recently!

      Delete
  2. Great pages! Looks like it was a fun workshop. I love how much colour and texture you worked into some of your pages.

    ReplyDelete