Thursday 9 June 2011

A wedding album

A few weeks ago we were privileged to be a part of a wonderful wedding day. I made a wedding scrapbook for the bride and groom, which I am pleased to report they loved! I used a Kraft album from Paperchase and I found the pages much thinner than when I used a similar book from them before. I glued two pages together for each page and used lots of Herma - the whole book used 5 rolls (I'm glad I found some on sale recently).

I used quite limited materials so that there was continuity through the book. I had five or six pieces of patterned paper, some white Basic Grey rub-ons, Maya Road Kraft Doilies and a couple of sheets of 7gypsies wedding themed stickers.

When I make a wedding scrapbook I try to journal all the things from the day I wish had been documented at my own wedding. I write out all the songs and readings, photograph the flowers and the venues, I include some confetti thrown on the day, and I write out a guest list. Through the wonders of Facebook and Photobox I was able to access some photos from friends and family, so these photos aren't all mine (but most are).





(I claim responsibility for these two pretty girls!)






4 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift to give to the bride and groom! I a doing my own wedding album and hadn't thought to write about the hymns and guest list but will definitely now - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My -that's fantastic-I bet the happy couple love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love it! Interesting tip about the Paperchase craft books being thinner paper! 5 rolls of tape, goodness! Lovely personal album which says much more than the 'professionals' stuffy style.

    ReplyDelete