Sunday 5 June 2011

Creative scrapbooking


I have found a new way to scrapbook and I LOVE it! OK, so it's probably not new to hardly anyone else but it's a new way for me. I signed up for Christy Tomlinson's art journalling workshop "She had three hearts" and it is so inspiring. Art journalling isn't something I'm doing at the moment, but I wanted to use all the techniques on my scrapbook pages. I've been a bit quiet on my blog over the past week as there are so many videos to watch and so many ideas to take on board from the class. Yesterday was the day of my local crop when I get to go and play for the whole day. I haven't had as much fun scrapbooking for ages. I sat with paints, inks, mists, stencils, stamps, gel medium, torn up cardboard, rub-ons and even a bit of glitter and got messy!

These pages are inspired by Christy's workshop, with a bit of Julie and a bit of Donna inspiration too.

Here's a closer look at my first page including my homemade heart stamp made from corrugated card...


Don't you just love this texture...


A painty page with that heart stamp again... And I love Christy's idea of dating the page using a page from a diary.


Another page which started with gesso on some black cardstock, then layered up with paint and ink and Claudine Hellmuth's stamps - love them!


This page also features the smallest title in the world.


I worked on two more pages as well which are nearly finished, including a gel medium image transfer which worked brilliantly.

I've been watching all these various videos from inspiring artists and I've noticed how often they use the phrase "That makes me happy". I've been working out what makes me happy and this way of scrapbooking if definitely one thing that makes me very happy.

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pages but I especially love the 'In the Frame' LO Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross over between art journalling and scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab..Love it ..want to go to your crop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow - thanks for so much inspiration in one post - I really feel like getting messy now and I love your LO

    ReplyDelete