Friday 25 March 2011

A quilt motif


A couple of weeks ago our photography prompt on Picture Inspiration was to take a photo with the title "Motif". It took me ages to think of anything and I was about to give up when I saw the light shining through my patchwork blind. I thought my motif could be squares and so I took this photo.

I haven't taken a good picture of this quilt before and it looks particularly good when the light shines through as it resembles stained glass. This patchwork took my mum and I a year and a half of Sunday afternoons about 12 years ago. The pattern comes from Kaffe Fassett's book "Patchwork" (It's the pattern on the front cover). I went to a talk by the man himself a few years ago and asked him to sign the book for my mum. I told him how long we'd taken to make the blind and he said he wasn't surprised as it was a complicated pattern and that's why they had made it into a small blind rather than a larger piece! Our blind is twice the size of his one!

3 comments:

  1. Fab quilt & brilliant photo Emy.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture...it does look like a stained glass window too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt....and it really does look like stained glass in the photo.

    ReplyDelete