Saturday 19 March 2011

Ballerina Frills

I've been feeling inspired after trying out the water distressing technique to make flowers (see here) and I was wondering what else I could make, so I've had go at making some water-distressed frills and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

I started out by cutting a 2cm strip from double sided patterned paper and folding it down the middle.


I sprayed it with the water bottle on both sides and then crumpled it up and left it to dry.



I put a line of strong double-sided tape on my page and crumpled the frill onto it as I stuck it down.


I'm wondering what else I can water-distress now?
To see more about the products I used, click HERE to see my post for Bubbly Scrumptious this week.






6 comments:

  1. Mmmm really lovin this, looks beautiful, might have to have a try , Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are brilliant frills and they totally go with the page theme. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning effect Emy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fab - thanks for sharing, may have a crumple with some strips later!

    ReplyDelete