Saturday 19 February 2011

Tone on Tone

I've recently decided that I like my scrapbook pages to have texture and maybe in the past there were pages I didn't quite like and weren't sure why, but now I think it was because they were a bit flat. I wanted to have a go at this month's "Build-A-Page" sketch challenge on the Prima Blog and so I used that sketch and made a tone-on-tone page to highlight the textures, using my favourite photo I took of the ginger one over Christmas.

There's a felt gate and a canvas heart...

and lots Prima Craftable flowers with some pearl centres...
and some wide satin ribbon and chipboard letters, with lots of Antique Linen Distress Ink to add depth.




6 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous love how you've kept the colours so simple that it shows all the textures - fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I too am a lover of texture on pages (does nothing for trying to get in the page protectors :D), I love all the white and cream and how it has so much detail and makes the photo pop from the page.

    TFS

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful, love the simplicity and elegance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love monochromatic layouts
    c
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this LO. So crisp and clean in the cream and those flowers cascading are great. x

    ReplyDelete