Friday 17 December 2010

Holiday Lights

This week on "Picture the Holidays" we've been looking at different lights and how to capture them. This has meant that I've got out my camera manual and I've been learning what some of the buttons do!

1th Dec - Looking at creating light images with a slow shutter speed. I really enjoyed playing with this technique and got a very satisfactory result with my little point-and-shoot (which I saw referred to as a PHD camera while looking at online tutorials - "Press Here Dummy"!)

Here are some hearts...


And here is our tree. We are having an unusual Christmas photo competition at church and I'm thinking I might enter this one...

13th Dec - Looking for the divine



Dec 16th - Playing with the bokeh effect using Chrismtas lights.
Here's our tree again...





17th Dec - Today's prompt was about a candle's glow. This is another photo from my friend's candlelit wedding, as was the "Divine" shot above.


I hope these pictures have given you a warm festive glow. I have been doing lots of other crafting too, but it's all secret until Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment