Tuesday 2 November 2010

Finding Fimo

This weekend I had a big sort out of my art cupboard and I found my boxes of Fimo samples from when I was working as a demonstrator. I'd totally forgotten about these projects as I made them a good few years ago, but I'm still rather pleased with how they turned out and so I thought I'd share them with you.

I used to demonstrate Fimo at the annual Dolls House fair at the NEC and I made this market stall and picnic following instructions from Angie Scarr's book "Making Miniature Food and Market Stalls"
I think my favourites are the apples
Here's another project for the dolls house fair - my mini Henry VIII
This is one of my favourite Fimo projects and he hasn't been consigned to a box in the cupboard. He looks after my books for me. He's not made of as much Fimo as it looks like as he is built up around a core of scrunched up foil.
Here's the owl's friend, Mr Kingfisher...


These are some Christmas baubles I made for Practical Crafts magazine...

This is my "Less is More" project of very simple rainbow beads, which I still enjoy wearing. In case this looks familiar, I made it on Create and Craft on my one and only appearance!










1 comment:

  1. Oooh, love the rainbow beads, I have some fimo lying around in a cupboard somewhere so might have to make this! x

    ReplyDelete