Friday 15 October 2010

Sleepy Girl


It's Week two at "Fun with Fabric" with Donna Downey and we've been working on 12 x 12 pages using Donna's screen printed canvas. This is my version of it, with the addition of a chipboard bird instead of a canvas one and an improvised crystal swirl made up from individual gems, rather than an (expensive) ready-made one.
I added some acrylic paint behind the photo to help it work with the background. I also sanded the edge of the photo, which is something I haven't done for a few years! I altered the original photo using the Picnik website as the colours weren't very exciting. I used the sepia tone and added a vignette.
The poem down the right hand side of the page was something I found online here. I don't usually go for a vintage style, but I really like this page. Maybe I should try it out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment