Tuesday 20 July 2010

Sweetly handmade

I'm part of the design team for the Vanilla Sugar blog which is a sister blog to Bubbly Scrumptious, but instead of daily posts there is a monthly challenge which we will take part in with the overall theme of handmade decor and gifts.

This month's challenge has been to decorate a box, jar or tin.

I have been thinking about getting out my Fimo for a while as it's been at least a year since I've made anything with it (which is a very long time for me!) and so I've created this sewing tin...


Here's a close up of the millefiori cane I created and then sliced to cover the tin. Confession number 1 - I didn't have enough white so I used transparent white instead which wasn't my intended effect, but I'm pleased with the end result. Confession number 2 - I didn't make my cane quite large enough (don't ask to see the back!)



I created another millefiori cane using a log cabin patchwork design which I sliced and pieced together to make the Fimo quilt. Can you see my "quilted" hearts on the black cushion?

Here's a closer look at the other cushion too...
Come over to the blog and have a look at the other projects by the rest of the design team. There's a great range of projects to see.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, all this is Fimo??? I've done projects with millefiori cane before (though I didn't know that's what it was called) but I thought from the first photo that you'd placed a cloth and a couple of pincushions on top of the tin for photographing it, I didn't realise you'd made them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing!!!!!
    well done Emy :D
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh nice job with the fimo...maybe its time i had a play again too!

    ReplyDelete