Wednesday 14 July 2010

Depth of field

One of the prompts this week from Shimelle's photography course is about experimenting with depth of field in your photos and this is what I've been playing around with today. I tried it out with one of my stained glass pieces, but I'm not sure if it's really worked. The best results were the photos of weeds in the garden! This isn't something I really wanted to scrapbook and I'm not going to make a page about how we don't cut our lawn very often, but it was a useful exercise to learn the technique.


I couldn't resist trying a photo of the ginger one's hair as she loves clips, ribbons, hairbands etc. American Crafts ribbons aren't just for scrapbooking!

One last one of some daisies in our garden which worked out quite well.












6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog Emy! Looking great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the stained glass piece looks really effective. The flowers (and weeds!) do stand out so well though. Who knows, perhaps one day you'll be moved to make a layout about (not) mowing the lawn after all?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOve the last daisy photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower and weed photos work brilliantly....though you could,of course, just call your lawn a wild flower meadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emy, good to catch up with you, albeit briefly, last Saturday. Welcome to the Modscraps DT as well :) I like your blog, lots of interesting things to see! Looking forward to sharing some ideas with you :) Love the photo of the daisies btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emy - you SHOULD scrap that daisy picture, it deserves it!

    ReplyDelete